Every month, Commercial Legal helps thousands of motorists involved in accidents. If the accident is not your fault, you don't have to use your own Insurance Company. We will provide a replacement hire vehicle, delivered when and where you want it, and book your vehicle in to one of our approved repairers. If your vehicle is deemed a "write off" or "total loss", we will recover the "Pre-Accident value" of your vehicle from the negligent drivers Insurance Company on your behalf.
If your vehicle is not roadworthy after the accident, we will handle the recovery, and storage if necessary, of your vehicle before it's taken to an approved repairer.
We will provide a hassle free, first class service, to get you back on track after your accident.
- As soon as possible, after your accident, call us on 02038 738 7300.
- Talk to our expert advisors. We are usually able to establish liability in your very first call. We may occasionally need to make further enquiries but these are handled rapidly.
- We will organise recovery and the repair of your vehicle.
- We will provide you with a replacement vehicle.
- We will monitor the repairs to your vehicle and deliver it back to you.
- We will then recover the cost of losses you have sustained from the Third Party Insurer.
- We can provide details of a panel of solicitors for you to pursue a personal injury claim if any injuries were sustained in the accident.
If anyone has suffered any injury at the scene of the accident, if there is a fire/risk of fire or if you think the other driver may be intoxicated through drink or drugs then Call the Emergency Services without delay.
(Unless there is real injury or risk to the safety of other motorists it is unlikely the that the emergency services will attend).
Get as much information from the other party(s) as possible. You should obtain as many of the following details, from all other drivers involved, as possible:
- Name, Address and Phone numbers
- Vehicle registration, make and model
- Exact damage and the location of the damage
- Insurance company and policy number
- If possible take photos of the accident scene and get details of any witnesses.
- Check the surrounding area, is there any CCTV on the road, are there any local shops or business which may have CCTV which could have caught the incident
- Do not admit liability under any circumstances. This applies not just at the scene of the accident but also if you receive a call from another driver's Insurance company after the accident. Advise them that Commercial Legal will be handling your claim and give them our details.
- Call our claim centre on 0203 738 7300 to receive free advice on how to proceed with your claim.
- If an injury occurs due to the incident, if there is a foreign vehicle involved, if there is damage to any street furniture, if any driver involved doesn't stop after the accident or refuses to provide any details then you should report the incident to the local police.
- Following an accident for which you were not to blame, you are entitled to be put back into the position you were immediately before the accident occurred. This means you have the right to replacement transport, the right to have your vehicle repaired to its pre-accident condition, the right to make a claim for personal injury to compensate you for any pain and suffering sustained by you and the right to claim for any costs that you wouldn't have occurred had the incident not happened.
- Make sure that you obtain receipts for any expenditure that you incur and for which you might want to reclaim from the negligent driver.
You should bear in mind that, in bringing a claim for compensation, you are under a common law duty to mitigate which means that you are expected to keep resultant losses and expenses to a reason able amount. The act of mitigation does not mean you have to suffer to do so.
Our first priority is to provide good advice and an excellent level of customer service whilst keeping you mobile after an accident. But we do more than that:
- One of our trained support team will record all the accident details and advise you on any matters of concern about the accident.
- We will assess who is responsible and if there is a negligent party against whom a claim can be pursued.
- We will provide a replacement vehicle for the duration of repair to your own car. If your car is deemed a non-roadworthy total loss you will remain in the replacement car for up to 7 days after the date on which you receive settlement for the pre-accident value of your car.
- We will manage your claim and liaise with everyone on your behalf; Insurer's, Third Parties, Repairers, witnesses and if necessary appoint a solicitor to act on your behalf.
- Your vehicle will be repaired to a high standard at one of our approved repair centres whom we will maintain contact with and if you request, we will keep you updated on the progress of your repairs.
- We will attempt to recover any losses that you have suffered as a result of the accident e.g. Travelling Expenses, Loss of Earnings, Personal Injury & Policy excess.